Power User - Course Enrollment E-mails not firing

• 18 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have a power user who did a number of enrollments in different courses this past Friday. None of the people she enrolls are receiving the course enrollment notification.  However, notifications worked properly for a superadmin doing enrollments in courses on the same day.  Anyone know what might be going on here?   

She was originally lacking the power to activate enrollments, so people were on “enrollment to confirm” status.  However, I then corrected that error and gave her that ability, and she then changed all statuses to “enrolled,” so I believe enrollment emails should have gone out at that point, is that correct?  Or do they never get notifications in that scenario?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

My guess is if the enrolments were done prior to the permissions update, this may have prevented the emails from going out. Did you do another test after the permissions were updated? If they are still not firing, you may want to check the admin’s access to “resources” under their PU profile or try with another similarly PU to see whether the issue persists. If it does, you may need to log a ticket with support. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My guess is if the enrolments were done prior to the permissions update, this may have prevented the emails from going out. Did you do another test after the permissions were updated? If they are still not firing, you may want to check the admin’s access to “resources” under their PU profile or try with another similarly PU to see whether the issue persists. If it does, you may need to log a ticket with support. 

So after I updated her permissions, she changed all of their statuses to “enrolled.”  It seems that did not, however, initiate a notification.  This morning when she enrolls people in courses notifications work fine.  I feel confident this happened because of the “enrollment to confirm” status.  Though I’m confused, because shouldn’t the notification eventually fire off whenever the enrollment is, in fact confirmed?  Or is there a specific way the confirmation has to happen that isn’t how we did things?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

not really...when enrolments are added, if there is no trigger to line up the notifications, they will not work retroactively; only in the moment. It makes sense that after you updated the permissions, they are firing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

not really...when enrolments are added, if there is no trigger to line up the notifications, they will not work retroactively; only in the moment. It makes sense that after you updated the permissions, they are firing.

I guess what I’m thinking would not be retroactive  in my mind.  Because they’re still becoming “enrolled” for the first time.  This whole “enrollment to confirm” status seems to just be a big mess and I’m not fully sure of the point of it I guess at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Think Docebo considers “enrolments to confirm” as an enrolment from the user’s perspective but I get what you’re saying...it is not intuitive.