Question

Power User Permission - Course Visibility

• 25 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi All,

I’m setting up some power user permissions for our managers and team leads to pull reports.  I need to give them access to view the courses so that they will display on the reports.  Can someone help me understand the difference in these 2 options?  

I assume All means All regardless of whether the course/LP is in a catalog they have access to view  and All in Visible Catalogs means they can only see the courses/LPs in catalogs that they have access to view.  Is that a valid assumption?  We are an EE user with multiple branches and courses/LPs that are unique by branch. I want them to see all the courses/LPs that are specific to their branch not all in the system.  

Additionally, they will have visibility to users based a a specific group that I assign to them  that contains the users they need to see. 

I’ve got the reports configured and everything is working as I want it to, I’m just not sure about this one setting.  

thanks

JoAnn

2 replies

@jbridges Hi, Joann, while the KBA specific to power user profiles doesn’t outline what that option means (at least not that I was able to see), I found this in another one:

Userlevel 3

@Shanon  Thanks for the reply.  I had looked through the KB as well and didn’t find any other mention of this  option or further explanation between the 2.  For now, since this is only for view access for reports, I’m going with my assumption and will change it later if that doesn’t prove out.