Best Answer

Power User Permissions

• 28 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Is there a Power User Permission that will allow a Power User to enroll one of their assigned Team Members into the same ILT course after they’ve enrolled themselves?

For example, Power User enrolled into an ILT course for the week of 3/6/23.  That Power User would like another one of their Team Members to attend the same course, but when they click on the Course, it doesn’t give the option to “purchase” the class again … even on behalf of their assigned team member/user.

I’m sure I’m missing something somewhere, but I hope this makes sense.  Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 28 February 2023, 15:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Once the PU is enrolled is a course they are essentially treated like a user...this is why we have separate PU profiles from our actual user profiles. Keeps thing neat and allows you to control what your PU can do more efficiently.

Kind of what I thought, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.  Thank you so much!

Badge

@lrnlab Can you please explain more when you say you have separate PU profiles from the actual user profiles? We are encountering the same issue. Once a PU enrolls in an ILT, they no longer can enroll anyone else. How exactly do you handle this?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab Can you please explain more when you say you have separate PU profiles from the actual user profiles? We are encountering the same issue. Once a PU enrolls in an ILT, they no longer can enroll anyone else. How exactly do you handle this?

Thank you!

we create manual accounts for our PUs so they have at least 2 accounts with the same email. One is their employee account where they completed the required training etc and the other, the “Admin” account is one we create to grant power user permissions. they have the same email address but one is a user and the other a PU. When the PU enrols themselves in a course they cannot perform certain function so we keep them separate.

If they need to complete the course as part of their training plans, they can use thiner “user” account but when they want to enrol other employees, they would login with their PU account. This keep things nice and neat…

Hope that makes sense...

Badge

Makes total sense, thank you again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Interesting, we have Power Users with profiles like this for years, no second accounts and we have not run into anything like this. 

Do I understand correctly that this only occurs when the Power User has enrolled themselves in the course and then they try to enroll someone else into the same course?

If so, does this happen a lot in your use case?

Badge

That is correct, once a PU has purchased/enrolled in an ILT course, it is not possible to purchase the course for another user as the option to purchase is no longer available. The PU only sees that they are enrolled. 

Our PUs will typically purchase/enroll several learners at a time and this works fine as long as the PUs don’t want to purchase for themselves, or purchases after they have purchased for all other learners first.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks for the explanation @lrdeardoff I am seeing why this does not impact us. We drive the majority of our learning from PUs or Enrollment Rules assigning Learning Plans. The LP enrolls the user in the class. Then PUs can enroll a user in a session as needed.