Best Answer

Power User Permissions

• 4 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Why can’t the Power Users see any courses or learning plans assign to the users? They have permission to view ‘Users’. 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 4 April 2023, 23:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Angie Pawlicki Have you also assigned the courses/LPs/Catalogs to the Power User profile? This needs to happen before they are visible under the User Summary reports/dashboards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

definitely look at the PU resources and make sue you give them view rights on courses and LP’s + assign either the courses & LP’s directly or via catalogues. We generally opt for the “all courses in visible catalogues” as the easiest way to manage PU access to courses & LPs but you can choose what works best for your PUs.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lrnlab 

We’ve used the setting ‘all courses in visible catalogues’ since it seems the only way to ensure that new content is automatically assigned to the PU’s resources.

Only thing is we’ve got some PUs who need to create LPs which are only visible to their branch. That works fine but we’ve found that because they have ‘edit’ permissions for LP and ‘visibility’ of all our content it means that the can edit our LPs (the ones set up for Superadmins for all branches).

We’re trying to figure out how to workaround this overlap of edit permissions and visibility? Do you have any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly the permissions are like that...if you grant the PU edit rights, they can edit anything and everything they have access to...This is one of main flaws of the PU permissions...there are several ideas out there asking Docebo to improve this...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

only way around this is to create specific PU profiles with only certain powers and then create a user profile with OU permissions for each PU profile...e.g.: one that can only view, another that can edit, etc. We haven't done this as it’s too much to manage and we rely on the honor system...far from perfect 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for clarifying @lrnlab.

Unfortunately our PUs are external customers so whilst we don’t expect they would try to modify our LPs with any malice, they may do so without realising the consequences.

It sounds like I’m not the only one experiencing this pain. In my search of the community I’ve seen multiple post referencing the promised improvements to LPs and PUs. Hopefully they are delivered sooner rather than later.

i’ll go and have a look for relevant ideas to upvote . Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree...we can only keep pushing Docebo.