Power User permissions: Training Material

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everybody,

I was working on my Power Users permissions, when I noticed something weird in Docebo KB: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6463399445394-Power-User-Permissions#h_01H95CCCJSPCMKB7P7VGSH5VZ3

View of a Course’s Training Material is only granted if they can also EDIT the Training Material itself! Why can I not grant them so view what the course is about (either only informative, or ILT, or includes an exam...) without letting them change it? Does this make sense to you? Is there possibly a workaround? Or maybe I am misunderstanding something…?

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi, @MauroBorghesi  I thought this was weird too, so I did a test with various PU permissions, and in fact, you can’t even see the Training Materials tab unless you have Edit permissions.

What I also noticed, which I think is even worse, is that with anything less than all permissions, the PU can’t run the course in Learner mode. They are really blocked from “viewing” anything other than the course shell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

PU Permissions are pretty basic and needs lots of work...unfortunately...we’ve run into many instances where we had to limit the access based on what permissions were available. Not the greatest experience since many PU’s still have to come to main admin team where we have super admins, to get some things done/set-up, etc.

We need to continue to push Docebo to make some improvements to this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just added an Idea … cause I ran into this again today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

voted up, thanks.