Best Answer

Power users

• 1 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi,

I want to create a bunch of power users who can go into certain courses and see who is enrolled onto the sessions.  I have created a profile that has ‘view’ permissions for courses, ILT sessions, and users, but for some reason although the the power user can go into course managament and see the courses and sessions, they cannot see who is enrolled on the sessions e.g. for one of the sessions  it says 0/15 (instead of 4/15 as there are 4 enrolments).  any ideas?

Karl

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 1 March 2022, 17:02

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Do the power users have View rights on the Enrollment permission too? I didn’t see you list that explicitly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

this is what i have set for the profile, and for the power user who has this profile i have attached the courses i want them to be able to view.  however they cannot see who is enrolled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KTJD have you assigned users or branches to the PU profile resources? That might be the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

i did wonder this.  So I have to assign all 5500 of our users to the power user so she can see if they can enrol?  if I do that do i have any superfluous criteria above that i didn't need to attach to the profile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KTJD  In order for your power user to see the course and the users in the course under the permissions you have granted, they still need to be assigned both the course and the users as resources to see that information. 

You could assign a branch or group that has all your users, so you aren’t assigning 5500 individual users to a PU.  This way when a new profile is added to that assigned branch or group, the PU will automatically be able to see the new profiles under the course enrollments.

Userlevel 5

@Annarose.Peterson Thanks for your answer! One thing that really confused me about Power Users was whether assigning a branch or group to a PU meant I was assigning them the ability to see the users in that branch or group, or whether I was assigning them the ability to see the settings for the branch or group.

I, too, was concerned about having to add new users to each Power User’s Resources every time we had a new hire.

I have really struggled to set up Power Users. What I need power user permissions to be is not how Docebo designed them, and I have trouble grasping how to set up permissions to get what I need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just remember that whatever access you grant your PUs applies to everything they have access to e.g.: so you cannot give edit access to only a set of users...if they have access to edit users, it will apply to all users they can see. 

This is one of major sticking points of why PU permissions need an upgrade to allow different permission sets for different resources. from what I know of working on other systems where admin access was much more robust, this can be a big job for Docebo, unfortunately.

Userlevel 5

@lrnlab That, right there, is the issue I’m having. For example, I need our Compliance Coordinator to have ownership over the compliance courses for the whole organization -- creating, assigning, reporting. But when I set that up, that department also gets Power User notifications for non-compliance courses for every single user in the company. She should only get notifications for Compliance course activity, but instead, she’s getting the notifications only HRBPs should be getting. It makes Power Users fairly useless in my case, and it’s frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab That, right there, is the issue I’m having. For example, I need our Compliance Coordinator to have ownership over the compliance courses for the whole organization -- creating, assigning, reporting. But when I set that up, that department also gets Power User notifications for non-compliance courses for every single user in the company. She should only get notifications for Compliance course activity, but instead, she’s getting the notifications only HRBPs should be getting. It makes Power Users fairly useless in my case, and it’s frustrating.

right you would need 2 separate admin roles each with their own permissions...really not ideal...