Power Users as a course learner are not able to view course widgets

Userlevel 1

Is anyone having problems with learners who are also Power Users not being able to access the course player in an eLearning course and not being able to see content of course widgets (forum, IFRAME, uploaded files)? I seem to have a tech service tickets for each of these issues and I am curious if there is a work around or if I am doing something wrong. 

For a little background, these Power Users are course Instructors who are each an expert in a specific subject. If they are not a subject export, then they need to be able to take a course, have access to the eLearning course player and be able to access course reading materials that we have uploaded to the course

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When you say they can’t access the individual items, they see the course page and just things don’t load? Is there any kind of frame message or error on them? They are blank or match the background?

normal users see it all as expected?

do the users have rights to the class or are assigned them?

what rights do the power users have for class management?

Userlevel 1

We are experiencing this. We have some power users that receive a blank page when they try to access the training materials in some E-Learning courses. There is no error message on the page. It is blank (matches background) below the Table of Contents and Unenroll buttons. When logging in as them to test, I have found they cannot unenroll from these courses.

The courses have been added to catalogs for which they have visibility. They can enroll in the course from the catalog. They do not have power user permissions for the courses or the catalog the courses have been assigned.

The course acts as expected for normal users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

interesting, that sounds very much like a bug, I assume you have opened a ticket on it? if not, sounds more than appropriate.

Userlevel 1

Yes - @kjanderson - that is exactly what is going on with us! I have 2 separate tickets. The first one was submitted on 8/1/22. The second one I opened yesterday not realizing that it may be the same issue with Power Users. When I followed up on the first ticket, I was told to remove one of the course widgets (Course Resource Files), which I cannot do since it is required course reading. I have not received any updates.

1. Power Users not able to access the eLearning course player (blank page)
  2. My test account (in which is also a Power User) several of the course widgets are blank in an ILT course.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes - @kjanderson - that is exactly what is going on with us! I have 2 separate tickets. The first one was submitted on 8/1/22. The second one I opened yesterday not realizing that it may be the same issue with Power Users. When I followed up on the first ticket, I was told to remove one of the course widgets (Course Resource Files), which I cannot do since it is required course reading. I have not received any updates.

1. Power Users not able to access the eLearning course player (blank page)
  2. My test account (in which is also a Power User) several of the course widgets are blank in an ILT course.

Was it to remove that widget permanently? Or try removing and re-add? It would be interesting if could be repeated on another testing course and remove and see if it does resolve. Could then always look for workarounds to the widget until it gets resolved?

Userlevel 1

We have a ticket open as well. I’m going to look at the course widgets to see if they are causing the issue.

Userlevel 1

@Bfarkas - It was not clear. I will try that to see if that works. However, I am confused as to why the course player - when a Power User clicks on one of the videos is not accessible because of a course widget with uploaded files. This is definitely a bug. Is there a list of known bugs that Docebo is working on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There's this area which is not comprehensive and tends to be when something is impacting many tenants of users:

https://community.docebo.com/known-issues-52

Sounds like your tickets are starting them on finding and tracing the bug, which is why if testing can confirm the cause, helps them resolve, and maybe the community can help brainstorm a workaround for now.

Userlevel 1

The issue our power users were experiencing is now resolved. Docebo Support informed me they had a regular code release yesterday that may have fixed the issue. @robynb, you might want to see if this resolved your issues.

Userlevel 1

The issue our power users were experiencing is now resolved. Docebo Support informed me they had a regular code release yesterday that may have fixed the issue. @robynb, you might want to see if this resolved your issues.

@kjanderson  Yes - it seems to be resolved, thank goodness! Though I am still having some issues with my Power User test account now seeing ALL of the files in our Course Resource Files widget, even though I have set limited visibility for the session. It seems to be working fine with regular users. Baby steps to solutions :)