Best Answer

Power Users - Is there a way to report out on what branches they have access to?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Right now I go out to the Admin Menu > Users > Filter by - Level and Assigned PU Profile to get the power users I need and download the file. However, this does not give me the branches they have access to. So I then go to the Admin Menu > Power Users and search for each one to see what branches are assigned to them. Then I add this to the file I had downloaded. 

Is there an easier way to get this information as I did not see anything in Reports.

icon

Best answer by Swatson 3 May 2021, 21:22

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We have created a new “additional field” to store the branch information so it can easily be reported/exported. With the handy import via CSV option you can easily update a bunch of users in one go after you create the new field. This sounds like it would be a good report suggestion to post in the Ideas Portal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Irnlab,

We do have the branch name in the “additional field” section when creating a new user. However, when a power user has access to more than one branch, there is not a report to show all the branches a power users has access to. So it would be nice if there was a report to pull that can list all the branches a power user has access to. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Swatson OK i understand...yes that is a bit of conundrum...short of adding more additional fields not sure what else could work...Have you added this as an idea to the portal? Power User Resource Report:  to show what resources a PU has access to. I would vote on that...:wink:

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks Irnlab! I did go to the Ideas Portal and added this:

LMS-I-4251  - Power User Resource Report

Please vote on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great, thanks. Cant see it yet so I’ll try to find it again a little later

Userlevel 4
Badge

I came here to ask this same question this morning, I’ll be voting for your idea, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks Irnlab! I did go to the Ideas Portal and added this:

LMS-I-4251  - Power User Resource Report

Please vote on this!

+1 vote on your idea from me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Swatson also voted! Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have created a new “additional field” to store the branch information so it can easily be reported/exported. With the handy import via CSV option you can easily update a bunch of users in one go after you create the new field. This sounds like it would be a good report suggestion to post in the Ideas Portal.

This is brilliant! We currently have an additional field that displays the name and code of the lowest level branch the user is in, but that isn’t as helpful. May I ask how you format the branch structure in your additional field (i.e. HSS>HSD>HSD-CO>20100)? Also, do you maintain your branch hierarchy via a separate CSV file, or add/remove the branches manually?

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have the same issue with multiple branch assignments. We assign the branch via the CSV and manually assign multiple branches. Actually, I don’t think you can even assign power user branch visibility via the CSV upload. Am I mistaken? 

*I voted for the idea btw*

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi LMSica,

In the additional fields, we have the Department Name where it also displays the name and code of each branch.  We currently has the field as a text field. We wanted to have it as a drop down, but there is a limit of 300 branch names we could list. This is an issue for us, because we have well over 300 branches in the system. When we need to add or remove a branch, we first have to do it manually. 

As to assigning branches to power users, you have to do that in the power user section, where it is done manually.

I’d like to see the option the assign resources “by branch” when loading a power user up with users they can manage. There is not an option to enroll a branch and the only option is to enroll “users”.

I’ve submitted an Idea to have the option to select branch in addition to users.