Best Answer

Record your screen failure

• 1 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I’m Sarah and I am using Docebo since 7 months. I have an issue with the screen recorder tool available in Docebo. When you create a training material you have the possiblity to upload an existing video or record one. I often use the screen recorder to create screencasts. It is very useful as there is and editing tool you can use just before downloading the video to your training materiel. My issue is sometimes it does not work properly and the video cannot be uploaded. Clicking on upload, the encoding works fine but then it stops when it should upload the video. I have been told to clear the cache but it did not change anything.

Have you ever faced this same issue? 

Another concern is the fact that the video is not saved. We are not able to recover the content created. So the work is completely lost. I wish Docebo could find a way to save the content, maybe as a draft, in the platform or localy in the computer. 

If you have any solutions or workaround I would love to know them.

Thank you

Sarah

icon

Best answer by KMurray 14 November 2023, 20:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am running into this a lot lately too - the recording times out or hits an error “due to our anti-virus”. 

Is there any way to recover the file? I see it’s saved as a folder locally, but it isn’t an exportable file like MP4 and I’m not seeing a way to save it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Not a solution and not sure if you use Zoom or not, but Zoom has a newer feature called Clips that will allow you to record your actions and download an .mp4 file.

Just a suggestion...hope it helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not a solution and not sure if you use Zoom or not, but Zoom has a newer feature called Clips that will allow you to record your actions and download an .mp4 file.

Just a suggestion...hope it helps.

Fun Zoom trick, if you don’t have access to clips….you can use regular recording, there is a pause and a stop button when recording. If you stop it makes segmented mp4’s you can download as well….use all the time for quick vids...and make sure to use pause to your advantage(no one knows what happens in the pause so review scripting or switch screens or anything else).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have the budget, I would recommend using dedicated software such as Camtasia for screen recording and editing. It should solve all the problems mentioned in this thread, and because the cursor actions are recorded separately and editable, it's much easier to achieve a smooth, polished look.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good luck. There are a lot of problems with the inbuilt ‘record your screen’ functionality. There seems to be file size restrictions but rather than warning you about it or giving you the option to save it outside of the platform the recording just disappears into the ether. 

Screencast o matic is a free software tool that is really handy to record demos. If you are using Windows you can install it from the Microsoft store or through their website for Mac or Windows. 

If you are using windows, ClipChamp is Microsoft latest free video editor and now it also includes the option to record screencasts from there directly as well and then you can also edit them. It’s fine for simple edits for more complex edits I’d recommend Adobe Premiere Pro.