Recycling the Learning plan by changing the days of validity in the LP's courses

• 7 September 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have a Learning Plan that is made up of 7 x e-learning courses (no live sessions in the LP) and each course has a Days of Validity. Course 1 and 2 in below’s example (we call them modules not courses), have a days of validity of 1 and 4 (to show up on their calendar as Friday and Monday, as they were uploaded on Thursday Sept 1) and the rest of the prework courses/mods, show up the day after the previous live session (I think it’s 8 for those Days of Validity). 

OK, so Company A above is now uploaded into this learning plan. Everyone has the courses showing up exactly how I want them on their calendar. (Note, there are no live session ILTs in the LP, just e-learning.)

So what happens if someone from Company A on Monday says, hey, the Boss wants to join the program. Seeing as all the employees’s calendars show what I want it to show, can I then go into the courses/modules that make up the LP, change the math (days of validity) then sign up the Boss so that the Boss’ dates mirror, (or are as similar as I can make them to) the employees’ dates? 

Having said that, what if weeks later I get a new job, Company B, who wants the same LP, but all of their live sessions are on a Monday (as opposed to Thursday above). Again, can I just go into the courses and change the days of validity (to ensure nothing shows up on a weekend) and upload learners? Can I just keep doing this over and over again for Company C, D, E?

I mean as long as I have a rule that says that the 7x e-learning courses in the LP are dedicated ONLY to that LP and isn’t being used in other Learning Plans, this should work, right? 

Is there someone out there who can confirm that they already do this?

It was suggeted to me that I use “Reset Date Range” But when I tested this today by backtracking the date to Sept 1st for my test user to see if it would match the other learners “Company A”, it didn’t work.  

I even logged out of my test user, logged back in and the dates are wonky they start as if the program begins tomorrow (which is how I set up the Days of Validity:

So what is resetting enrollment used for? And more importantly does my idea work? Can anyone see any problems (other than if the particular course is used in multiple places rather than having made a copy and renaming the course).

0 replies

Be the first to reply!