Best Answer

Refresh menu/page upon enrollment through subscription codes

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

We are using the subscription codes plugin so that users can enroll into courses using a subscription code. Once they have enrolled, the group assignment puts them in a “paid users” group and they get access to different menus and pages - but unfortunately, none of this happens until they log out and back in.

Is there any way of forcing a refresh, or achieve a similar result a different way? Even if I manually enroll a user in a course that puts them in this group, nothing changes for them until they log out and back in. For example, if they enroll in a vILT course that has sessions, I would quite like for them to now have access to the calendar, or for the catalog page to include a calendar, but they wouldn’t see it until perhaps days later...

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 9 February 2024, 16:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Unfortunately as with most websites, a manual refresh is needed and sometimes a full logout/login. Not sure there is any way get that done automatically. Pretty Docebo has no mechanism for that.

depending on the browser you use you might be able to get something like this installed on your servers?

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/nagebjgefhenmjbjhjmdifchbnbmjgpa

or perhaps speak with your IT team to know if they have any tools to accomplish this.

Thanks. It will be customers accessing the portal, so we won’t have control over their browsers (or their login/refresh behaviour). I’ve seen other platforms automatically fore a reload of the page if needed and had hoped there might be a way of doing that in Docebo, but it looks like even if a menu or page assignment changes (for whatever rule-based/enrollment reason), Docebo actually doesn’t do anything about making it visible to the user...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree, it’s a bit frustrating...maybe put that forward as an idea?