Skip to main content
Question

Renewing certification not applicable

• 15 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello,

If a user previously completed a course, and earned a certification (with expiry) as a result, but they have now been unenrolled from the course and are not required to renew the certificate, is there a way to update this in the platform so that they’re not prompted to renew?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are you talking about a certificate or a certification? If it’s the latter, you need to set the renewal period in order for the user to be abler to use the RENEW button and have the opportunity to take the same course to be re-certified…

Apologies, I should have put “certification”, as that’s what I meant.  However, I don’t think you’ve read my post correctly, as your response does not answer my question.  Please read it again, and by all means, if you have a solution for me, do share!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh ok, I think I se what you're asking...you want remove the renewal requirement?

You can edit the user record and select the “always valid” box….this will remove the renewal date and requirement to renew.

Thank you - that is certainly an option for some courses!  However, this particular one does have an expiry date (and has, in fact, expired) so I want to maintain the expiry date, but not the requirement to renew.

For context, this person completed Fire Warden training in 2019 (valid for 3 years), but they are no longer a Fire Warden in the business, so they don’t need to renew the certification.  If I select “Always valid” then it will look like they are still a Fire Warden, but they aren’t.  Does that make sense?

I thought that archiving their record and disenrolling them from the course would solve the problem, but the certification is still showing up as needing to be renewed :(.

Perhaps I should just unassign the certification, seeing as it’s no longer valid anyway.  I just wanted to keep the record of them having completed the training in the past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you don't care about keeping the Certification record then I think archiving the course enrolment is your best bet. You can still report on it.

Hiya, I did archive the course enrolment, but this did not archive the certification so the renewal prompt was still there.  I have just decided to unassign the certification.  Thanks :)