Question

Report on Catalogs & Channels

• 21 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

How can I generate a report of all catalogs and channels and the courses they contain as well as the users, groups and branches that have access to them? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can get some of that by using APIs, but not with any of Docebo’s reporting features.  

For the catalog, I think the GET /learn/V1/catalog might give you some of what you need, but you don’t get a list of who has access.

I haven’t played with any APIs for channels, but I think the GET /share/v1/admin/channels will get you what you need.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Annarose.Peterson 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly there are no such reports but I hear we should be seeing something on the course front soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can get some of that by using APIs, but not with any of Docebo’s reporting features.  

For the catalog, I think the GET /learn/V1/catalog might give you some of what you need, but you don’t get a list of who has access.

I haven’t played with any APIs for channels, but I think the GET /share/v1/admin/channels will get you what you need.

For catalogs that first one will basically give you the list of them all with little information, you can then take an id of one you are interested in and add it to:
GET /learn/v1/catalog/{catalog_id}

and you will get the specific details of it you are looking for.

Channels work similarly. The one above will get you the basic list.

This will get you who can access:

GET /share/v1/channels/{id}/users

This can get you asset details:
GET /learn/v1/channels/{channel_id}/assets

Userlevel 1

Thank you!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Using course management export, I can now see which courses are in a catalog. It’s a very round about way of getting to this data but I still can’t see the learning plans in a catalog without individually running this through the API. 

If I personally don’t have visibility to the catalog, I get an error so even as a super admin this wouldn’t work unless I give myself visibility to all catalogs. 

We’re up to 1550 catalogs. I’m very hopeful there’s catalog management, to include reporting, on the upcoming roadmap.