Question

Reporting by classroom / ILT Location

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is there a way to include the ILT location in an ILT report? I don’t see that field listed anywhere…..but I could just be missing it.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lhubbard not as far as I can see...only way to capture this in the current report templates would be to create an additional field to track this information...this is another good one to post on IDEAS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, can concur with @lrnlab additional field is the workaround for now, which is a tad annoying since it is there already. Definite idea to be posted.

@lrnlab or @Bfarkas  how do I create an “additional field” to display the classroom information in a Report?

How do I access the “current report templates”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lrnlab or @Bfarkas  how do I create an “additional field” to display the classroom information in a Report?

How do I access the “current report templates”?

Check out this support article for creating an additional field:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020127679-Creating-Additional-Fields-for-Courses-and-Sessions

The “templates” he is referring to are just the reports, when you go to make a custom report you have to start from one of the templates and then you can adjust which fields are showing. Info on those available here:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125499-Available-custom-reports-types-in-the-New-custom-reports

If I create an additional field, will I have to manually populate the new field with classroom information again or can it pull from the existing Classroom field that contains data? 

There is no option in Docebo to make “Classroom” Visible so it’s a field that can we chosen when creating a custom report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Correct, that is the discussion at the top of this thread, it is a great candidate for an idea to be created for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@GMR found this one you can vote on

Userlevel 3

There is another option for reporting on the classroom location that already exists, but it isn’t a report that can be saved/scheduled.

When under the Course Management area for Admins, select the courses you want to show on the report.  When the “Choose Action” option appears, open and select “Export Courses Data.”  Select the CSV with the comma separator, and then on the next page, scroll down and select “Export Sessions Data” and choose to include the Event Details.  I found the Location and Classroom info around columns U and V on this report.

Note that this just pulls the information from the sessions, and has the course ID/Session IDs to tie them back to the course.  It will pull two reports - one with everything from the Course Details section selected, and one with just the session info.  I’ve had good luck splicing these reports together by sorting by the Course ID and then meshing which pieces of information I need from the course plus the session.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good point @trose23 however the need to have a proper report is also needed and not everyone who need this info would have admin access, etc.

Userlevel 3

Good point @trose23 however the need to have a proper report is also needed and not everyone who need this info would have admin access, etc.

@lrnlab -  I absolutely agree.  There definitely needs to be a better way of exporting this information in the reporting area where items can be scheduled, but if someone needed to occasionally access this information in the meantime, at least there’s a work around or two.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes indeed.