Best Answer

Reports tab on course includes deactivated users

• 9 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have come to find out that the figures shown on the report tab (see below) include deactivated users and there is no way to apply a filter. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? We need a quick way to check the completion % and this looked to be perfect until we realised this. 

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 10 August 2022, 12:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Any reason you don’t want to build a report to do this? You can exclude from there easily and have scheduled to folks who need the info.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Bfarkas - I think we will have to do a scheduled report for it. It would just be so handy to have that completion % at our fingertips. If you run a report you have to calculate the overall completion % as a manual step. This is the info we need from a compliance perspective and it just seems stupid that the figure on the course includes deactivated users since that means that you can never reach 100% which is presumably the goal so the number is not helpful. At the very least, you should be able to choose what to include with filters. 

I love Docebo but there seems to be some real gaps and lack of understanding in terms of compliance related requirements: reporting, certifications and renewals. I’ve used Docebo at two different companies and we had to do a lot of work arounds in this area to compensate for limitations in the software and I am not alone. 

Best,

Aimee

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So I totally agree that it seems silly this percentage includes any non-active users and should be updated. Sounds like you might want to post it as an idea and see if some votes are gained for the product team. 

in terms of the report, you can use the scheduled report as “raw data” instead of a completed report and build an excel file based on that raw data as a data source so that you don’t have to manually redo the pivot tables and analysis every time, just replace the underlying data file from docebo (just save it to the same place) I do this often and share the file with others so that it is not as manual effort to get to my actual report goals. I am actually working on a write up about how to do this a few ways and should be posting soon if you are interested, will make sure to tag you, but if you are interested happy to chat about it before then. It’s a very powerful reporting method. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks @Bfarkas - long term we are planning to build some dashboards with scheduled reports forming the underlying data as you suggest. I think we will need to speed that up. 

I will register the idea as well if it doesn’t already exist.

Thank you

Aimee

Userlevel 5
Badge

Please upvote: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @aswartz I like the idea however this might be better as an option since not including inactive users can also skew your numbers. Not sure that everyone would like these users removed from the reports tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

All about choice

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that’s for sure