Skip to main content

Retraining

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All ~

We are fairly new to Docebo and have not needed to set up any training to recertify yet and have not used the certification and retraining app. I was hoping for any advice or direction from the community.

We are going to introduce a safe driving requirement to all employees. This requirement is watching a video and then taking a quiz to pass (SCORM file quiz). We want to require staff to take this annually but after watching the video in year 1, they can just take and pass the quiz in following years and as long as they pass, they do not need to watch the video again. How do I set this up?

1. I was thinking of making the video 1 course and the quiz 1 course and putting them in an LP for year 1. When they completed both these courses, they would be added to a safe driving group that would assign them just the quiz in year 2.
    1. Would it be better if these 2 training materials were in 1 course as opposed to making 2 courses and putting them in a LP?
    2. If I do make them 2 courses, is it correct that I would only be setting up the quiz in the certification and retaining app?

I have read about the issues in the community about users clicking the renew now button too soon or many times and overwriting their previous completion. Or thinking they completed it but still see a renew now button and contact the superadmin for help or try to recertify too early. Is this still happening with users? How do you help make this as smooth and easy for users when they have to retake a training?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I wanted to add another question as I was testing out the certification and retraining app. In the example below in the course player, is it accurate that only clicking the renew certification button would actually renew this annual course. What if they choose start learning? Do they just review the content under their current certification? Thank you.