Best Answer

Search results in URL?

Userlevel 4

is there a known search query result I can add to the URL for various channels?
For example - I want to communicate a full catalog but want to highlight specific content around a product. Example: https://company.docebosaas.com/learn/dashboard/channel/7&search?q=PopTarts

icon

Best answer by elliott.vickrey 21 July 2022, 23:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @susan2000! That’s a great question. It sounds like it would super useful to be able to send a link like that in order to show off specific material.

To my best knowledge, there is not a way to do this with channels, but it is absolutely possible with catalogs!

When you go to the Course Catalog page and select a catalog, it opens the page just for that catalog, which will show similar to this: https://{domain}/learn/catalog/view/{catalog_id}

You can add "?ctldoc-catalog-0=se-" to the end and put your search term after it, and then you can use that URL to make the search. You can also link people to this search by providing them with the URL.

A slightly modified example: At the following URL on my testing platform, the domain is "#####.docebosaas.com", the catalog id is "13", and the search term is “test”

https://#####.docebosaas.com/learn/catalog/view/13?ctldoc-catalog-0=se-test

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 4

Hi @elliott.vickrey - thank you for replying with details for catalogs.

Sorry, but our need is to be able to highlight assets stored outside a course, so I don’t believe *Catalogs* will work as a solution. Is creating a search link a hard development task?

• My understanding is that only courses can be assigned to a catalog.
  • And content outside a course can only be shared as a channel asset. 

If there’s another way to store assets that would solve for a direct link to filtered list, I’m always open to creative work-arounds. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for clarifying @susan2000. Got it, so you’re specifically looking to highlight assets! In that case, I’d recommend creating a playlist.

Any user can make a playlist! You just go to All Channels, then find an asset you’d like to add to a playlist. Click the three-dot menu in the lower right corner, then select Add to Playlist.

Once you do that, a window will appear to let you add that asset to an existing playlist or to create a new playlist. Select the Create New Playlist option, fill out the details, and then Create Playlist.

You can view playlists on the My Channel page by filtering for Type > Playlist. From there, you can access your existing Playlists.

Once the playlist is created, you can share the URL, but only users who already have visibility of it will be able to use it. So you’ll want to make sure it is either a public playlist in a channel they have access to, or that you invite them to watch the playlist directly.

The Knowledge Base has an article on playlists, by the way, in case you’re interested in reading more about them: Creating and Managing Playlists

Does this work better for your use case?

Userlevel 4

Thanks much! Yes, I started down this path myself - thanks for the context around the article :)

Userlevel 4

Hello @elliott.vickrey  - A couple follow-up question for you. :)

First, is there some standard CSS edits I can make to improve the UX for locating and expanding the playlist?

• The bottom bar in black is lost at the bottom of my PC screen as it blends with the Windows task bar so I want to make it larger, smarter and the primary CTA on the playlist landing page.

Second question ;)
Can Learning Plans be added to a playlist?

Thanks-