Best Answer

Second level sorting in reports

• 24 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Reports allow you to sort on one level. Many times it is desirable to add a sort on another level. For example, I can sort on Branches. This is helpful but I would like to add a second level of sort so each Branch is sorted by Username. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by spotratz 24 August 2022, 16:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It’s only possible when you export it to Excel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @randallsim agree this might be a nice-to-have but you an do that once the data is exported as well.I guess it would come in handy if you are scheduling and sending the report directly from the LMS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping I was overlooking that feature. But, as you say, it can be done in Excel. Still it would be nice if Docebo did it. Seems easier than having to do it every time the report is run.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We can’t even get them to remove “Reports” and “New Reports” which constantly confuses our Power Users. When that happens maybe we can start hitting them up for improvements...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping I was overlooking that feature. But, as you say, it can be done in Excel. Still it would be nice if Docebo did it. Seems easier than having to do it every time the report is run.

@randallsim there’s a section in this article: 

About how to use the report as raw data and update any formulas/tables you might build off of them so you don’t have to redo your filters and things every day, just replace the core file.