Seeking Guidance on Pricing Structure in Docebo

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello! I'm a newcomer to Docebo and have a query regarding the most effective approach for managing courses with varying pricing. I've come across comments suggesting the use of the Content Partner app, which we've recently implemented to offer these courses at no cost to our employees. However, we now face the challenge of maintaining full pricing for customers, 75% off for tier 1 partners, and 50% off for tier 2 partners.

While we're open to splitting partners into two branches, we're seeking advice on the least manual and most efficient method for setting up these different pricing structures. Have you found it beneficial to create multiple instances of the same course with appropriate pricing? Or do you prefer establishing three menu pages and incorporating coupon codes? Alternatively, do you solely rely on coupons, and if so, how do you manage them to prevent unauthorized use?

Your insights and ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Since Docebo does not support multiple pricing tiers for a single course, your options are limited.

Using the Content Partner app works great but it’s only tied to a specific course and the same course cannot be linked to 2nd partner; so if you choose this path, you will need to create copies of your courses. The same is true if you want to offer different prices to different groups of users (by way of the catalogue).

You might be better off using coupons to oiler those discounts to your groups. They can be applied at the moment of purchase and can have many different types of configuration (% off, $$ discount, limited time only, always available, etc.)

you can vote this up I you like:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here is another option to vote up that is related - coupons.

Coupons are not to the level they could be. Better Coupon creation/segmentation could help alleviate issues related to the need for multiple pricing for courses.

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/coupons%2Dallow%2Duse%2Dto%2Dbranch%2Dgroup%2D1778