Best Answer

Share modules (SCORM content) without creating a course

• 19 January 2024
  • 2 replies

We have a new hire training course with multiple SCORM modules that have been saved to the central repository, Managers have asked to give access to this content to existing employees in case they want to use as review / refresher material. These are employees that pre-date our use of Docebo so were never enrolled in the New Hire course. We don’t want to force them to take all of the material, just be able to enroll in the content they want / need to review. Was hoping to create a catalog, but that requires a course, we can’t add content out of the Central Repository. Do we have to create a separate course for each module? That seems extreme. Do we have to create a second course with free navigation that includes all the modules and ignore the fact that no one will ever show as Complete in a report? Am I overthinking this? Any thoughts on the most efficient way forward is appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 19 January 2024, 20:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes that would be your best option. A course can only have 1 version of settings so it cannot be have differently for different users. If you want an open course (that tracks or not), create a copy and choose the settings that work best for the target audience...you can choose whether to expose both courses in your catalogues or perhaps just the open one (or both). You can also create equivalencies between the course versions so if any new hires (that already completed the course) searched for an enrolled din the copy, they would be marked as complete automatically. As well, if you want to use Channels, you can place the open course there so it gets a little more visibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Make one big course or a bunch of little courses, I can’t think of other options for delivering scorms in docebo. 
I suppose you could unzip and publish your courses as webpages on a non docebo system, then iframe those into pages on docebo, but that doesn’t really live on docebo and doesn’t really help you.