Skills Dashboard

Recently, I noticed on one of my users Skills Dashboard, there are several AI suggested skills that are not relevant to his job at all. The skills suggested are things like Airport Security, Airport Maintenance. I have not been able to find where this information is pulling from in Docebo. I have only seen this with one user. 

Has anyone come across this issue?

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Edrmccrory ,
I’m Fred the new PM working on the Skills.

The AI skills that are populated here are related to the skillsets assigned to your learner.

You have the capability in the platform to give access to learners to specific skillsets that will correspond to their role. For that go to the skills management on the admin menu.

Design your skillsets and publish only skillsets related to your learners.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge

@frédéric.halfon  We have had a similar issue. No matter what job we enter, we see banking related skills. Now we are a mortgage company, but I don’t know where we might have specified that information. Is there any way I can go in and adjust which skills appear in the suggested skills? Right now, this is so far from accurate that we’ve had to turn off the entire Skills feature.

Userlevel 1

@JKolodner did you configure the skillsets for your users ?

Frédéric

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks for your reply. We have not yet configured the skillsets for our users but we intend to do as you mentioned above.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@frédéric.halfon 

Can you please explain this statement? 

The AI skills that are populated here are related to the skillsets assigned to your learner.

You have the capability in the platform to give access to learners to specific skillsets that will correspond to their role. For that go to the skills management on the admin menu.

Design your skillsets and publish only skillsets related to your learners.

I have turned off the skill sets in our Sandbox and I still see recommendations that have nothing to do with my skills or role. This is extremely confusing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Userlevel 1

Hi @JKolodner 

Please make sure the “All Skills” skillset is not published and the “Advanced Settings/Skill management/Enable full catalog visibility for users and Power Users” is disabled.

Once done only the skills enabled via skillsets should be suggested.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge

@frédéric.halfon 

Once that is done, is there a lag period that is needed before the skills will be updated? I’ve turned off the skill sets that include the bank skills (seen above) but they’re still showing up. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Also - if I already clicked on My Skills when the “All Skills” set was enabled (prompting the generation of the suggestions (e.g., banking), but now I’ve turned it off, will the My Skills section reflect the suggestions that were in place originally (All Skills) or currently (no All Skills)? If it’s the first, that explains some of what I’m seeing.

Userlevel 1

Can you confirm the  “Advanced Settings/Skill management/Enable full catalog visibility for users and Power Users” is disabled ?

Userlevel 5
Badge

It seems to be working now as expected. Thank you very much for your assistance.