Best Answer

Step by step guide for setting-up a Docebo LMS?

• 22 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello dear docebo community, 

I'm a soon-to-be docebo LMS Admin and very new to deocebo. My company is part of a global group that is implementing docebo currently as LMS in many subsidiaries around the world. We have an external implementer on board who actually does a good job, although I would have liked us LMS admins to have received different training during the introduction. 

By now I have worked through about 50 different training steps and I know a lot. Yet, I still havent really crasped the big picture of it and where to really start. 

Does anyone of you know about a generig Step-by-step-User-Guide for setting-up a countries LMS? 

Thanks in advance for any consideration and best regards

Roli S.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 22 March 2024, 15:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Roli Straub - can I recommend reaching out to your Customer Service Manager and implementation group first? It's my opinion that you should never feel like that if you have plans clearly laid out for you. They could/should be able to work together to devise a plan of action.

There is a type of high level recipe that you can follow….but you should:

• perform some level of gap analysis of what people are moving from
  • understand where your content is
  • understand a migration plan of action
    • understand how much effort will be involved
  • ensure you understand how you are going to manage people logging in
  • ensure that you understand how you are going to maintain user records (so that you have some level of identity that will make sense in the system
  • ensure you get who your targeted audience(s) are
  • understand how much of the platform / user experience you are building out vs your implementer
    • make sure you have a handle on an acceptable user experience
  • build as necessary that experience out
  • understand a projected golive date
  • understand any boulders identified during an initial assessment that was probably done by the implementation group

These are a first few high level steps - there are many more involved (establishing a course experience and how a baseline course will need to act and behave). But you should not feel isolated from what is going on. Get in front of these folks (your CSM and implementation group) to really ensure you are not alone with direction.

Thank you so much for the swift reply, dear @dklinger

The high level of activities you describe is alreday clear for us. We are migrating from one LMS to docebo and we L&D Mangers have just received our sandboxes per country, in which we’re supposed to set-up our local LMS. 

I cannot really go back to the project team right now, as they are fully busy with the migration of our content and stuff. Plus, I am not sure, …. but I leave it at that as I might sound critizising and one never knows who’s reading what.

Meantime I asked ChatGPT to provide me with such a guide and I was astonished, how well it seems to know docebo already (see attached). I’ll now try with this proposal and find out whether ChatGPT was true or just making up things. 

Have a great we and best regards

Roli 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I found this to be very helpful and covers all topics related to Docebo Learn

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/categories/360003044220-Docebo-Learn

Thx heaps, dear @lrnlab 

I’m thrilled, how fast one is helped here. Just great 🙏! 

I’ll sure check out your list too, while building our LMS.

Have a great weekend

Roli 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

my pleasure….the Docebo KB articles and other articles are super helpful; one of the great perks of this company.