Best Answer

Survey: Question Order

• 17 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am having trouble with my surveys.  I have been asked to add a few questions into a section in the survey.  I use the drag/drop to move the new question into the correct place, but it doesn’t “stick” and keeps moving back to the bottom position.  

What am I doing wrong?  There doesn’t seem to be a way to Add a Question to any position other than the bottom of the list.  And no way to “save” the new position when I move the question to where it needs to appear.  

Any help appreciated. 

I can drag the question to the correct position, but it does not “stick”

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 17 October 2023, 22:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I may be wrong but am assuming it’s because users have already taken the survey...so it’s an object in use that cannot be changed...you may need to wait for any users in progress to complete the survey before you can change it...or if you can, create a copy and then hide the original version so you dont lose your data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Adding to my reply…

We just tried this and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether users have completed or are in progress on the surveys as far as I can tell. Seems like a bug or gap, not sure…

Added this if you want to vote it up:

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ended up this was a recognized bug on Docebo side.  A hot fix applied on Oct 25 resolved the issue for me.  Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@hwolfehall interesting. I just tried it and it seems to be working now...when you moved a question in an existing survey, did that also wipe out any previous responses?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@hwolfehall interesting. I just tried it and it seems to be working now...when you moved a question in an existing survey, did that also wipe out any previous responses?

We were just launching surveys when I discovered the issue.  So, I don’t have any prior data to reference.  Sorry.  Maybe some other customers have existing surveys to evaluate impact.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

thanks...am testing so will update here with my results...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Retested to find that post hot fix, when I added a question to the survey, it maintained the previous data on the original questions...so that's a good thing...only issue would be if you are replacing a question; in that case the data from the old question would need to exported prior to making the updates to the survey...