Best Answer

Switching platform and content language in one step

• 26 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all. We’d like to achieve the desired state described below. Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Current state: We use a “Content language” additional field in addition to the Docebo platform language. This means users wishing to change their language need to change the “Content language” additional field in [My Profile] - [Personal Info] and then change their platform language in [Preferences] - [Language].

Desired state: Content language and platform language are linked so that changing the platform language changes the content language as well. Once this is achieved, we would like to activate the following setting in [Advanced Settings] - [Users].

“Hide the Personal Info tab except for the avatar image in the My Profile area for all users”.

icon

Best answer by dklinger 26 January 2022, 04:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Daniel - good evening. I want to say this can happen via the product as early as next month as groups based on language will be able to be achieved. Groups can drive platform visibility…getting you to your desired state in a single step.

I hope this helps….PS great name

-Dan

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@dklinger Many thanks for the info - that is excellent news!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Daniel Happy to come across your post! I was wondering how did you use/setup the “Content language” additional field? And does that change all the eLearning content as well as any words that we configured through CSS? Appreciate your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @teresa.mycity.org 

Our “Content language” additional field is used to sort users into a group based on target language that directs users to the menu, pages, catalogs and courses for their language. Essentially, each language is isolated so that users in a particular group only ever browse the site in their own language. This setup works well, but two steps are required to switch language as described in my original post. If you’re interested in the different ways in which multiple languages can be deployed, the following posts may be helpful. The second one also has a discussion on the new ability to switch languages in one step.