Best Answer

Training Material Access for ILT Classes

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi.  We do 90% ILT Classes.  We don’t want our learners to access the training material before the class.  They are expected to complete the material during the class as guided by the instructor.  

How can I gate the training material so that the learner cannot access it ahead of time?  Right now, I have learners that are going in and trying to complete assignments as soon as they enroll into the course.  And, they are “failing” the assignments because they haven’t had any instruction.  

Thoughts?  Have I missed a setting somewhere to appropriately structure the ILT workflow?  

Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by alekwo 26 September 2023, 09:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@hwolfehall this is a known limitation.

I created an enhancement idea about this over 2 years ago… unfortunately, despite 130 votes, it has not yet been selected for implementation.

You can vote here: 

The only workaround I can think of is to create two courses: one would be the ILT itself, and the second as an e-learning course with training material, then add them to a learning plan, in which the ILT will be a prerequisite for the second course. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this...you can publish the materials at the time of the event but that would affect all enrolled users so if you have multiple sessions, this may not work. The Instrcutor has access to the training materials so they can do this when they start the session