Training not marked complete

• 17 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Has anyone had any issues with the trainings not being marked complete? 

We currently have the annual compliance training going on and those trainings are very long! They can take about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. We use the compliance training vendor SAI Global and they provide us with the SCORM files. 

The issues we have been having with half of our employee population is that their trainings progress are not automatically saved, so when they click on the ‘Resume where you left off” button, it takes them back to the beginning (for crying out loud!). But for the other half of the population, they are able to complete just fine. So I’m not sure what settings in Docebo that I should be poking around to resolve that issue. 

Also, does Docebo have the ability to manually advance the course progress for those whose training were not saved properly and had to start from the beginning. I can only re-take the training for a handful of employees 🙂 as this is not ideal to use my time wisely. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This has happened to our users.  I have them do a F5 (refresh) or I have them clear their browser history (which is what Docebo Support recommended when I submitted a ticket) so that is my 2 go to’s for this and normally it works itself out.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The number of users who dont have a bookmark seems high but these types of issue are generally due to poor connectivity where the LMS fails to update. It’s always a tough one to figure out so workarounds are usually the way to go. If you tested the SCORM package and were able to have successfully bookmark and mark the course as completed, this tells you that the content is well built. That said, if you ever go through the process of updating the course, you might think about breaking down into smaller chunks so it’s more manageable. This would also greatly reduce the risk and need to rely on bookmarking, etc. We opted for this option for a course that usually takes 1-2 hours to compete and it’s working much better now. Very few issues...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@hkevin I think this is an often discussed issue on this forum - search for not marked complete…

We weren't able to isolate a specific factor causing those issues (specific browser, operating system, etc.), but we came with some recommendations that seems to be helping. 

First, on our end, in Docebo we set the SCORM to play full-screen instead of the lightbox. 

We ask users not to use (disable) any script- and ad-blockers, to disable all browser shields and privacy protection settings, make sure that third-party cookies are enabled. Ideally to install a clean browser.

We also, ask users to complete the course in a single sitting and if they need to take a break, not to leave the course window open, but instead to close/exit the course (what should force the system to save the progress and prevent the expiration of the browser session). 

Still from time to time we observe the problem, but it's not as common as it used to be. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We continue to have this issue but its almost impossible to replicate.  9 times out of 10 it is down to user error, but we do regularly have queries from staff who have taken a screen shot of the scorm package showing they have completed, but the LMS not updating to reflect this.  

We thought that it might be related to people who are Mac users and this is a pattern we are seeing, but we also have other mac users who complete with no problem.  it doesn't seem to be related to one particular course either.

One thing we did that may have help (but can't be sure), is extend the session life time.  with a module like yours which is up to 2hrs to complete, this may be a factor.

Userlevel 4

We’ve recently discovered that Safari browsers can cause SCORM calls to fail. This does not appear to be a Docebo issue specifically. We have found that by default, Safari has cookies disabled and will attempt to block certain things from occurring in the cache. In order for users to fix this problem, they would need to go enable cookies in their browser. We have also added a ‘supported and unsupported browsers’ footnote to our enrollment emails, to try and preemptively steer our users away from using Safari for learning.

The new course player pilot, prior to it being deprecated, also caused us completion issues. This was confirmed by Docebo Support directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just curious but do your users use a VPN?