Question

Updating SCORM settings in the repository

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’ve adjusted some scorm settings on objects in the repository (view mode). These changes are not reflected in the course they have been pushed to even after a refresh. 

Does this mean I need to remove them from the course and push them all again?

Also extra points for any creative suggestions. The SCORM files in question seem to require scrolling to see the inbuilt next buttons no matter how they are displayed which is super annoying and no time to redesign before launch (although we will eventually). The best UX is to have it open in a new window, which I hate but at least the user can tell there is a button down there. The only option I find to set a display size for the SCORM output is by displaying it ‘inline’ which isn’t an option as it is way too small that way. Any other creative suggestions? I only need to shave off about 50 px in height. 

Thanks very much,

Aimee 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I like to publish my projects as scalable where possible. I don’t know if your authoring tool has that option or not. Mine offers a checkbox to publish Scalable HTML Content and it auto-sizes to fit whatever window is displaying it.

It wouldn’t necessarily require a redesign - just a re-publish if you can do it.

Here is another possibility but it would need to be tested in your environment to see if it will work for you.

#scorm-iframe {
max-height: 90%;
}

You could try tweaking that percentage to suit your needs.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi thanks,

I would do that too. However, I’m in a new position tasked with setting up the digital design from scratch and the first step implementing the LMS with the existing materials they have which were purchased. Over the coming weeks we will be replacing these with courses we develop in house but until then we have to work with these purchased scorm files which I do not have the source files for. 

Any idea if I have to re-push the materials to the course after changing the settings in the central repository? 

Thanks again,

Aimee

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am unsure about whether or not re-pushing from CLOR would work.

I might suggest trying it with a single object to see if it works before removing a ton of things from multiple classes.

The code snippet I provided might serve as a quick temporary fix if it would shrink those SCORMS a little bit in order to get those buttons to appear on screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@gstager 

Thanks, I will test it for sure. I was just expecting if I changed the settings in the CR it would update automatically everywhere. 

I’m not sure where I would put the code snippet. Are you suggesting I put the SCORMs into the course via html using an Iframe? 

Thanks again for your help.

Aimee 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It would go in the Branding and Look section just like the code for hiding the page name and icon. The result could then simply be checked to see if there was a change.

It is perhaps a long shot but I figure that is at least something I would try if in the same boat.

It is a little tougher because I am not experiencing the same issue to give it a minimal test on my end.

if the purchased courses are absolute fixed sizes - it may end up cutting off a little more.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Oh I see in the CSS settings. Thanks, it is certainly work a shot! 

Thanks again