User has been created email

• 21 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi we are currently testing elements of the platform and have created a notification to send an email to the user that he has an account created by the admin, both a system notification and an emal.  We try it and nothing appears to happen, what are we doing wrong??  Have tried adding and deleting the same user but never receive anything.

Thanks.

Guy

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, apologies for starting with a really basic question, did you click on the “send email” button at the bottom of the new user page? If you wish to use it all the time you can activate it to be on by default in the Advanced Settings > Users.

We ended up adding the ** to the localisation as we kept forgetting to activate it when needed.

Thanks

Ange

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is the notification set up on a specific branch ?  If so, you need to make sure that the user is being created within that branch in order for it to work. 

Also, check to make sure the email isn’t being sent to a junk folder.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the speedy replies, yes we have it set up and activated, and I had checked all branches and even individually checked all branches but nothing appears to work.  I have even selected the individual I added and used the button at the bottom of the page to manually send the activation email.  So I am at a total loss??

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We never got this one template to work and support could not figure out why either…

kind of like the “notifications” tab on certain functions that is supposed to show what notifications are available but never display any information...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We use this notification, and as of yesterday it was functional. 

Another random question, and you have probably already set it up, but is the notification set up to go to the user and not like Power User or Super Admin? And is the email you are using to test it in the profile, not already associated with another profile in the system (we actually had a problem with this a few years back - not to say it is the cause, but tossing out issues we ran into with this notification to see if that might be the culprit).  Make sure it is a new email not associated with any other profile in the system.

Finally - if you have checked everything and it is set up correctly, then I would open a ticket and have support double check to make sure there isn’t something strange going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

good points @Annarose.Peterson ...will re-check those and see if we can get it to work. Thx

Userlevel 1

We use this notification, and as of yesterday it was functional. 

Another random question, and you have probably already set it up, but is the notification set up to go to the user and not like Power User or Super Admin? And is the email you are using to test it in the profile, not already associated with another profile in the system (we actually had a problem with this a few years back - not to say it is the cause, but tossing out issues we ran into with this notification to see if that might be the culprit).  Make sure it is a new email not associated with any other profile in the system.

Finally - if you have checked everything and it is set up correctly, then I would open a ticket and have support double check to make sure there isn’t something strange going on. 

Hi, Yes it was set up for a user, the user I was testing it with was just one I had added to a hotmail account and is only associated to that specific user profile.  The only other thing I can think of is that the domain isn’t configured correctly and that is what is causing all these problems, but on a plus note the site is starting to look good lol.  Thanks for everyone’s help, much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@AutoTraderGuy I remember we had some issues with the notification for new users, and we ended up using the event “User subscribed to a group” as the trigger.

We’re adding all new users to groups and as we have separate groups for different audiences, that approach gave us another benefit, we’re able to send different welcome messages to employees, partners, and customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@AutoTraderGuy I remember we had some issues with the notification for new users, and we ended up using the event “User subscribed to a group” as the trigger.

We’re adding all new users to groups and as we have separate groups for different audiences, that approach gave us another benefit, we’re able to send different welcome messages to employees, partners, and customers.

Nice work around, also might be even a better setup for some systems, where the new user gets created early but before they should be notified, adding to the group can be triggered later. Adding to the toolbox, thanks @alekwo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi, apologies for starting with a really basic question, did you click on the “send email” button at the bottom of the new user page? If you wish to use it all the time you can activate it to be on by default in the Advanced Settings > Users.

We ended up adding the ** to the localisation as we kept forgetting to activate it when needed.

Thanks

Ange

Hehe, I like this trick for folks. definitely adding to the toolbox of suggestions.

Userlevel 1

Thanks

Ange

Hehe, I like this trick for folks. definitely adding to the toolbox of suggestions.

Looks like when we were setting up our new domain for the platform the backend wasn’t configured correctly so none of the emails were being sent.  Now that this has been rectified it is now working and sending the notifications as should.  Thanks everyone for your input, greatly appreciated.