Skip to main content

Using Docebo to house documents

• 10 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Does anyone use Docebo to house documents that are not only for training for example like a Job aid or resource documents? 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It’s possible and may have its advantages, but we try to reserve Docebo for “learning” resources only. This includes elearning modules, videos, and job aids. We don’t include things like policy documents, standard operating procedures, system documentation, working files, etc. 

We try to keep our offering tight and we want to prevent the LMS from becoming a dumping ground for organizational files. We also don’t want to be administratively responsible for our organizations documents.

Our organization uses SharePoint, which is better suited for storing, organizing, and sharing documents. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay, that was helpful. We are currently working on deciding what training materials we should move from Sharepoint to Docebo and what should stay in the Sharepoint. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Okay, that was helpful. We are currently working on deciding what training materials we should move from Sharepoint to Docebo and what should stay in the Sharepoint. 

We often have resources on both. For example, we might have an elearning module relating to a specific policy, but then we link to the actual policy on SharePoint. That way 1) people can access the policy without having to access the elearning/lms and 2) the policy owner can add new versions of the policy in SharePoint without us having to intervene/update the file on the elearning/LMS.

I’m sure you’ll get different answers on this, but that’s our approach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sgrullon12 sure, you have at least 2 options…

You can use Channels to load things like job aids and information,mal content or if your content is directly related to a course (such as a reference guide, participant guide,, etc.) you can add the File Repository widget and load your documents there. Users can access at anytime once they are enrolled in the course 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

you can add the File Repository widget and load your documents there.

I find myself using the File Repo to share links to resources on SharePoint more and more. I really like the File Repo, but it lacks version control and connection to the central repository. The UI is a bit limited too in that you can only view 3 files at a time.