Best Answer

Using Teams recurring meeting invites for unique sessions in Docebo

• 3 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I am teaching a class that has weekly meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. For the purposes of Docebo, I make a new session every week with an event on Monday, an event on Wednesday, and an event on Friday.

I’m wondering if I can use the recurring meeting in Teams for all Monday sessions, another for all Wednesday sessions, and a third for all Friday. 

I need the learners to be marked as present/absent weekly, so it’s imperative that on a given Monday they are marked for that specific session, which they’d be clicking on the “Join” in Docebo for. 

Will this work? 

icon

Best answer by Cheney 3 October 2023, 22:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmmm...users cannot self-enrol in multiple sessions of the same course once they are marked as completed so I am assuming you enrol them on the backend?

If so, you can use the “duplicate session” options to create recurring session right in Docebo.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124099-Creating-and-Managing-ILT-and-VILT-Sessions#01H8EKZ829J31EM8PGGGEZ1JV0

(see duplicating events)

If not, do you intend to only track them via Teams once they have initially booked themselves into the first session?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi EmilyW_Tacoma

Regardless of the Team's link (or zoom or whicever video conference link you use) Docebo marks the completion for the event that which the learner clicks join on. 

So provided as mentioned above you are not enrolling same people to multiple session, it doesn't matter what link you put behind the join button in the events. 
For sessions where we use the same instructor we use one link over multiple events/sessions

Make sure your session settings = Attendance Based 

If you are enrolling learners and letting them pick their respective event date Monday / Wed / Fri then set the Attendance Based = 1 event completed. The ‘present’ status is tracked by which event they attend. Thereafter the session is complete.