Question

What are the steps to display an ILT catalogue without making users authenticate using extended enterprise?

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I need help with the steps to configure a catalog that users can see without having to authenticate.  We have done this in a sandbox account, but it doesn’t work in our production account because we have SSO setup.  We cannot disable SSO without breaking our existing process which works for internals and customers who have a subscription to our self-paced courses.  I want our ILT courses and calendar to not require authentication until it is time to purchase. We do have a calendar and ecommerce already working, but no one can see anything unless they login first.  We have a lot of people that wont login to see and we are manually sending emails regarding ILT course descriptions and when our next courses are. We have extended enterprise and think we may be able to setup a new domain that doesn’t have SSO, but I am having a hard time getting a straight answer on the best way to approach this.  I have gone through a lot of documentation, threads and support tickets, but not finding the explicit steps. 

I want to link or embed a storefront for our ILT catalogue of courses and display our ILT public calendar  on our website for anyone to view.   Please help:) 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Alyssamazziotta I think that SSO is going to prevent you from having a public catalog, but I’m curious if you have checked this option in the Advanced Settings setup.

Additionally, be mindful that a public catalog is the same for all Extended Enterprise users, so using a separate tenant for the public catalog likely won’t help.