Skip to main content

When a power user is buying a subscription, how do they choose the number of licenses in a flexible manner?

A little background: we use Docebo for customer training. Each customer may want a different number of licenses, ranging from 1 to potentially hundreds. The only way I’ve found to allow them to select the number of licenses in the single subscription purchase is to create a separate plan for each license count (plan 1 = 1 license, plan 2 = 2 licenses, plan 500 = 500 licenses). Of course, that is not practical to do. I’m guessing I’m missing something obvious?  

yes that’s about right...we prefer to sell with larger amounts of licenses per subscription, ie:  5, 25, 50, 100, etc.

If you set up an admin account and allow them to buy on behalf of other users, the PU can buy individual courses or larger lots but it’s not part o the subscription model. More akin to buying seats.

You might not want to limit yourself to only a single purchasing method and look at using other things like coupons for % air dollar discounts with a minimum purchase, the Content partner app for applied discounts, and the new Training Credits app - this one sounds promising and much more flexible than just buying courses…

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/20317798703762-Training-credits-for-e-commerce

Thanks @lrnlab. As I continue to learn more, it’s becoming more clear that we likely need to handle purchases of multiple licenses outside of Docebo for various reasons.

IF you are with the purchase of seats rather than a license, you can do with power user roles. PU’s can buy seats to courses on behalf of other they manage (view), or if you use an outside system for your sales, you can still manage that by signing seats or using the subscription model but loading it on the back end instead of having users buy it up front.

Thanks. We don’t sell individual courses, so the subscription seems to be the best model for us and will be moving forward with selling licenses outside of Docebo and creating the transaction in the back end. Appreciate your help.