Why can't a learner rewatch a SCORM in a Course as many times as they want?

• 4 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Can someone help clear something up for me? For some reason when a learner or facilitator completes a course, then that’s it. they can’t go back and re-watch it again. 

Help has told me that I have to go into the username, to run a report then click X on their Version Status Reset Score? 

So I would have to do this for every course in a Learning Plan? Surely there’s something missing, no?

That means for every learning plan there is an average of 5-8 courses each and who knows how many people are registered. 

What am I missing here?

7 replies

Userlevel 3

I have experienced the pain of having to reset courses manually in a learning plan, but i have never had complaints that they couldn’t view a course again if they had already taken it before. Did you set a max attempt for the course?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Lenny Saucier  Where do I find how to set max attempts for a course?

(crossing my fingers that this works!)

Userlevel 5
Badge

found it! 

OK, so if I were to put 50, that would probably cover my basis, no?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Ravi, 

Someone in the community mentioned setting a maximum number of attempts in each Course. 

Would this work? Can I put 10,000 as a number?

Nicole

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Nicole , have you tried also checking the Settings of the training material itself ?

We leave the max number of attempts (for the course) mentioned by Lennie unchecked, so it doesn’t apply, rather than select it and type 50.

Stephen

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Stephen, I checked the settings and they match yours. I’m still working with Docebo to figure out the situation. Hopefully there will be an answer and soon. If so, I’ll be sure to update this post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Ravi, 

Someone in the community mentioned setting a maximum number of attempts in each Course. 

Would this work? Can I put 10,000 as a number?

Nicole

If setting that high can you just uncheck the box so there is no cap?