Skip to main content
Best Answer

why can't instructors edit widgets?

• 1 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I have some instructors who have added some files to a file repository widget and have also added a course description widget to a course. They would like the ability to make edits to these fields, but I cannot find a way to allow them to do that without making them super admin. Is there any way around this? Seems like something they should have the ability to do.

HI @mshumway I believe that if your instructor is only identified as such by way of being added to a session, they have no way to edit widgets however if you grant them power user access with permissions to view courses + create & edit permissions on Sessions, they will be able to add and edit widgets. Basically granting PU access to thing they can do anyway with the addition of the ability to create sessions.

HI @mshumway I believe that if your instructor is only identified as such by way of being added to a session, they have no way to edit widgets however if you grant them power user access with permissions to view courses + create & edit permissions on Sessions, they will be able to add and edit widgets. Basically granting PU access to thing they can do anyway with the addition of the ability to create sessions.

They already are a power user. They can add widgets, but cannot edit them after posting them. How do you get to this “Manage Permissions” page?

@mshumway this is under the Power User menu where you create/edit PU profiles

I actually just found a way to increase permissions through the “manage power users” page. You can assign them courses there that will expand their control over those specific courses. Still cannot find the “Manage Permissions” page, but this solution works good enough for now!

@mshumway this is under the Power User menu where you create/edit PU profiles

Thanks!