Question

API directly into Archived Enrollments

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I am trying to get a course for all of my users to be placed into the Archived Enrollments section.  Each user has a different completion date, and I need that reflected.  Is there a way to mass upload them via an API or CSV directly into the Archived Enrollments section, or must I do it manually for each user (enroll them, complete them with dates, and then manually archive each one individually)?

Thanks for the insights!!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

What you’re asking for is two fairly different actions, but you can simplify it some.  You will need to enroll them, and then archive that enrollment after the enrollment exists.

You can do mass enrollments including the differing completion dates, marking a complete status, etc, by using an API: 

After you run the API for the enrollments, you can then archive all the enrollments.  I feel like the easiest way to do this is probably just selecting all and archiving them via a background job directly from within the course, unless you have other records on the course already that don’t need to be archived.  I personally prefer to have control of that directly rather than trying to use an API.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I am trying to get a course for all of my users to be placed into the Archived Enrollments section.  Each user has a different completion date, and I need that reflected...

I think @trose23 has the answer that will work for the immediate need.  Longer-term you’re pointing out why we need a way to archive sessions, and (optionally) the enrollments/completions that are associated with those sessions. There are a few existing ideas in the community that could use upvoting: https://community.docebo.com/search?q=archive+all+session+enrollments