Skip to main content

I discover this morning that the Administrator’s Dashboard can be assigned as a permission to power users (YEA!!!!), but that the default is to not include any reports options on that page.

I’ve assigned the power users to branches, catalogs and all visible courses and learning plans. I can’t figure out how to assign reports to the power user in the Power User Profile.

What am I missing?

Hi @KMallette - this one is one that is kind of hidden but is part of the older reporting system.

When you want to push a report to that dashboard? You need to build it via the Reports tool and open up the Visibility to PowerUsers.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020084160-How-to-Manage-a-Standard-Report

@dklinger I was afraid of that … I don’t want to use the older reports functionality as I think they are just a bit more complex for a non-admin to use. Additionally, I was hoping to “pre-build” the report, similar to how the reports were added to MyTeams.  Maybe directing them to MyTeams is the better option for me.

Thanks for the insight.

@KMallette - let me PM you about MyTeams.

Ciao folks! For reports visibility on PU’s, so long as they have the “View” permission in their profile you could still assign visibility from New Reports in the same way as you have from the legacy Reports app page.

Although, one requirement remains which is that an SA must create the report if you need to share it out in that way. Otherwise, you can leverage the “Edit” permission on Reports to allow PU’s to create their own reports.

A view of “Visibility” settings from a newly created report, in New Reports:

@John
Here are the permissions that I’ve assigned to the Power User Profile

Here’s the impersonated account’s Admin Dashboard

Here’s the Admin dashboard in the impersonated account.

Thoughts?

hey @KMallette, I believe the Reports admin button (new or legacy) will only show when there is data present. Taking a few context clues, I was able to determine your installation as well as review the permissions under the assigned profile.

My best guess is that since you do not have users inside your test branches (the ones shared to the test PU), then there is no data to report on and ultimately showing reports would yield no results (so we hide it until it makes sense).

Does this add up, could the missing users be the case? Checking other resources like courses/learning plans, I could see you had selected the scalable option of All Courses for each.

@KMallette last note, if you are still stuck and the previous suggestion did not unblock you, I’d suggest opening a Support ticket with our team. An analyst will be able to review the configuration you’ve selected and determine whether or not there are deeper issues beyond simply the setup options alone.

Using the Platform’s Help Center

@John - thank you for this - I am learning too!

You are welcome, @dklinger! Will keep my eyes peeled for KMallet’s reply. :blush:

On another note, thank YOU for all the contributions you’ve made to the Community!

@John Thanks for the suggestions; unfortunately, they didn’t help.

The KKMTestBranch has 41 users in it. They are assigned to the “KarenIsACareCoach” account as members of that MyTeam. There is a course completion report where the “CareCoach” account is assigned visibility.

Adding the users to MyTeam and creating the report were new things that I configured based on your suggestions.The users were already in the branch. These suggestions yielded no changes to the screen shots that I provided.

I did discover the error, but it was in the Power User PROFILE, not in the accounts. Originally the ‘Admin Dashboard Test’ profile contained only an Edit permission for reports. I wrongly assumed that Edit would also include View, since you can’t edit without viewing. When I changed the permission to be “All”, then the reports appears on the Admin menu and on the Admin dashboard.

@KMallette - purely an observation - if I understand? If you do that - then a person has access to all reporting functions…that wont help trying to keep a person to only the admin dashboard. I guess a necessary evil...these permissions need such an overhaul….

@KMallette- purely an observation - if I understand? If you do that - then a person has access to all reporting functions…that wont help trying to keep a person to only the admin dashboard. I guess a necessary evil...these permissions need such an overhaul….

I’m ok with this … I do wish that the specific report I gave them would appear on the dashboard instead of the ‘default’ reports that are like the ones in MyTeam. I believe that I can ‘train around it’ to have them use the New Reports link off the Admin menu instead of the Reports that I’ve worked so hard to display on their dashboard :confounded: