Question

Can you make enrollment notifications go out on the first day of the course/LP validity period?

• 22 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Community!

I need help solving for this use case:

A Power User in one of our branches wants to assign training for the whole year on January 1st. They have a January Learning Plan, February LP, and so on. However, he wants the "user is enrolled in a course" or "user is enrolled in LP" to go out on the first day of the course/LP validity period, not on January 1st.

The current problem is that if users try to access the February courses from the January 1st notifications, the won't have access to the material yet. This will generate countless support tickets.

What options can you recommend? Is there a different notification that can be used? I understand the power user could turn off the notification for the day, but users then would never be notified about enrollment.

Finally, if this is a current product idea Docebo is considering, could you please guide me to where I can vote for this?

Thanks,

Vanessa

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vanessaleon - so there are a few things that are needed to make this make better sense.

What an interesting challenge you have.

So there is nothing that supports exactly what you would like other than validity itself can be a roaming calculation that starts when the user is enrolled in the learning plan or course. But in that case, what is driving the passing along from one LP to the next is the completion of said course not necessarily a time-based approach. BUT READ ON

You can do some cascading types of games if you know or can calculate all dates for the 12 months in advance….and then use groups to anchor for February to be assigned? A person must have completed the January LP and a February date, and so on, and so on. The problem is what is the date that is needed in that set of calculated fields?

Trickle/Drip curriculum has your eligible folk start at the same time in a curriculum. For example: Once a person is done with January, they are eligible for February. If they are eligible for February and they can all start on the same date (like Feb 1), then you may be able to wing it with CSV upload of a schedule of dates and use those two variable (completion and date) to map a person to the next group.

Today you can support a curriculum that is totally self-driven. A person should only gain access to B after completing A. I believe you mention about that “it won’t do it”.

But if you are looking to do a type of roaming curriculum (one that aligns itself to when a person begins to go though the curriculum) That may be even better driven by your HRIS folks (those calculated dates) if you want to achieve a type of roaming assignment (30 days after, 60 days after, 90 days after) - regardless of month. But I think you will find this tricky to achieve with the current state capability of the system as you are missing a right condition to make the happen.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And by the way @vanessaleon - if you can get a person into a group - much of what I am describing above - you will be able to find success with enrolling them (via enrollment rules) and notifying them.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and thoughtful feedback.! I should clarify, our branches are actually customer accounts, and their power users are not tech-savvy… so we need to solve this in a way that they can manage themselves. I had started to look into enrollment rules but seems as a Superadmin I would have to manage this for each branch and that’s not feasible….

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks so much for the quick reply and thoughtful feedback.! I should clarify, our branches are actually customer accounts, and their power users are not tech-savvy… so we need to solve this in a way that they can manage themselves. I had started to look into enrollment rules but seems as a Superadmin I would have to manage this for each branch and that’s not feasible….

Yeap - and then it starts to become unfeasible. You may want to consider a third-party server somewheres in between where you can have others manage and do APIs calls only over to Docebo to capture this business. If you land up going down that route, consider a team like ESkillz (@aempson) to help with your problem - they have a great set of folk that engage problems just like this.