Question

Change Enrollment Access via CSV

• 11 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is there a way to change enrollment dates for multiple courses for a specific group of users via CSV file? We are looking to extend course access for users already are enrolled in courses. We are not extending the enrollment dates for all the users in the courses, just a specific set of users.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @nicole.roman I think you should be able to do this using the CSV import...there is a column called “active Until” that enables a ‘due date’. It should overwrite what is in place currently

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

HI @nicole.roman I think you should be able to do this using the CSV import...there is a column called “active Until” that enables a ‘due date’. It should overwrite what is in place currently

@lrnlab Thank you for your help as always! I tried this but I keep getting an error that the user is already enrolled and it does not change the ”Active Until” date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nicole.roman oh right, that is an issue with the import...if they all have the same end date, you can do this on-screen...Select all users (or search for the ones you want to edit), then use the button at the bottom of the page and choose “Edit Enrollment”. The Active Until is an option there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@nicole.roman oh right, that is an issue with the import...if they all have the same end date, you can do this on-screen...Select all users (or search for the ones you want to edit), then use the button at the bottom of the page and choose “Edit Enrollment”. The Active Until is an option there.

Thank you @lrnlab! I was hoping for a bit of a faster solution since I have to do this for multiple courses but I have popped this in the Idea portal. If you could help support it would be very much appreciated! :smile:

HI @nicole.roman I think you should be able to do this using the CSV import...there is a column called “active Until” that enables a ‘due date’. It should overwrite what is in place currently

We don’t use due dates but need to mass unenroll and mass enroll users over to a new course. If the CSV is left blank or in the case of the csv sample file - if we leave the field as ##### symbols alone will the system not assign a due date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Justin_Jones you will need to leave the Active Until field blank if you don't want to install a due date.

As for enrolling/un-enrolling via CSV, you can do both with the same spreadsheet. It’s saved me a few times when there was an error in the initial enrolment. I used the same spreadsheet and sleeted the option to Un-enrol.