channels for articles? ditching our KB system

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I’ve heard of people doing this but haven’t seen it. How are you using channels to search and display articles related to company policies and procedures? Our current KB we are struggling with so looking for ideas. We also have google drive and Walkme so any ideas with those tools also welcomed. 

talking about managing about 1000 articles. 

Can Flow support a search widget into channels with articles?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jessica.sanderson in my opinion channels, nor LMS as a whole, are not the best solution for managing a document repository, especially of that size. 

For documents, you’d typically want to be able to have some kind of a tree-like structure, some control over the order in which documents are presented (most recently edited first is not always the best option), a better preview (in Docebo it’s an image generated from a file, so URLs are not clickable, also it’s first presented in a horizontal window, which is not best for text docs), etc.

We’re using Sharepoint/OneDrive for documents and Confluence for intranet pages (some including documents), and it seems to be a good solution. 

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jessica.sanderson Was doing my daily look through on here, and saw this. Right now Flow doesn’t support channel assets, but that’s something that we are looking into. @andrea.camagni I know we talked about this around a few others asking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

a hierarchical tree structure for assets would be lovely!