Best Answer

Course navigation based on role

• 19 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello there,

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to set course navigation style based on the user or role. We want to have the same course that we use for our New Hires available for current employees by way of a Catalog. But we’re wondering if there’s a way to set the course itself to Free navigation based on user role? Or even just free navigation from the catalog?

Thank you!

Jeremy

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 19 January 2024, 20:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The only navigation options are at the course level and have no options to change based some other criteria. If you want to apply different settings based on the user type/role, etc., you would need to create 2 courses, each with their custom settings. You can make 1 an equivalency to the other if that helps.

Not what I wanted to hear but it is what I expected to hear, thank you for that. 

I’ve been reading up on equivalency, what would be the benefit in this use case toward what my goal is? I read through the whole page but I can’t quite understand the full benefit of creating an equivalent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

for example...if user A completed course A then their role change and they want to review course A but with the free navigation option, so course B. when they enrolled in course B, they would already show as completed but could still review whatever content they’d like to. This may not be a solution for you...was just pointing out that it is possible to do if that suits your use case.

It’s okay, I’m grateful for you pointing it out. It helps to understand more of the features around Docebo. I was also just trying to wrap my head around what benefit there would be around this particular feature but your example makes sense for the scenario it would be helpful in.

Thanks so much for responding and helping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

no worries...glad to help.