Creating Group for managers

Hi,

I’m trying to create an automatic group for managers only, I realize that we can only bring in fields from the Additional Fields tab. What is the best practice to create a manager group for your company? 

The workaround is to create the group manually, but considering there are a lot of managers, and the inability to import users using the csv file, I’m hoping that we don’t have go this route! :)

Any ideas and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin 

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hkevin , what I would do:

1. create an additional field of “Manager” using a drop down with the element “yes”
    You can choose to have this hidden from the User since it might be done by an integration
  2. Then create your group “Managers” (created Automatic)
  3. Make your conditions to be “All of the sets be satisfied” 
  4. create a set to be Condition “additional fields”
  5. Field to be “Manager”
  6. Value to be ”yes”

Now anytime a new User is added to the platform and they are a manager (or a current User advanced to “Manager”) they will be put into the group ”Managers”

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hkevin , what I would do:

1. create an additional field of “Manager” using a drop down with the element “yes”
    You can choose to have this hidden from the User since it might be done by an integration
  2. Then create your group “Managers” (created Automatic)
  3. Make your conditions to be “All of the sets be satisfied” 
  4. create a set to be Condition “additional fields”
  5. Field to be “Manager”
  6. Value to be ”yes”

Now anytime a new User is added to the platform and they are a manager (or a current User advanced to “Manager”) they will be put into the group ”Managers”

Cheers

This is what we do too, and it works beautifully!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Currently we are receiving the data from Salesforce through API. We had created a ticket with Docebo and they mentioned that currently it’s not possible to associate one Salesforce field to multiple Docebo fields and vice versa. 

Userlevel 4

I’m trying to do the same thing and came across this post.

While the solution proposed above works, it’s disappointing that another field has to be created and populated, when it’s already being tracked in two places in the employee profile: 1) this user manages a team toggle and 2) if the user is a direct manager of another user, then they are a manager.

Unfortunately, you can not auto-add group members off of employee profile info unless it’s an additional field.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does anyone have a best practice or workaround for creating this field if they are using SalesForce?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree with the comments...one thing we may see soon are additions to the new option in Groups called, “User fields based conditions” perhaps this one could eventually contain an option something like, “Manager = Y / N”...now wouldn't  that be great?

If I counsel recall who posted the last up date on this new group field, I would tag them here...If you do, please add them in this thread so we can get their attention.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab That would be such a beautiful thing if they had that option.  🙂

Badge

So I came here as I wanted to create an auto group for managers and would like to support that as a possible enhancement. Whilst enabling that it would make sense to include all user fields for conditions.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @lrnlab @TimRolph @tmurphy @keiishida @hkevin and @Annarose.Peterson 

Please upvote the idea to make the managers permissions a standard field that we can use in automatic group rules.  The idea was created this morning and it would be great it we could share this with anyone else who may be interested. 

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/allow-manager-permissions-user-field-to-be-used-in-automatic-group-rules-3627

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @Sdinnoce , Upvoted! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

upvoted!