Question

Duplicating a ILT course

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello

I am setting up a second site for paying customers and therefore have created duplicates of courses, used a code to pretext the course and have used the ecommerce to attach a fee to this course.  This only works with eLearning modules.  For vILT and ILT this doesn’t work as you can only duplicate sessions - and that will get too messy potentially.  

Could another option be that I create a course shell, which is essentially ILT?  Have others experienced something similar and found a way around this?  I don’t think css language and have noone in IT that can support me.

Thanks for any advice

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly duplicating ILT type courses is not an option. Not sure why this is but it’s a hard no; and since you cannot convert an elearning course to ILT (or vice versa), your only option is to create them manually or use an API to load your courses.

there are several posts you van vote up ion you like

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

There is a hidden (unsupported?) way to duplicate ILT courses through the API; however, this method does not duplicate the sessions.  Although it says “e-learning”, it works for ILT courses and can duplicate both the learning materials and course-level enrollments if desired.  We use this all the time as an alternative way of dealing with archiving old courses.

If you’re not familiar with accessing the API, an easy way is through the URL at https://YOURLMSBASEURL/api-browser.  The option can be found under the Courses service → Duplicate e-learning course. The JSON you’ll need for the body is in the body sample on the right side (click the sample to pre-fill the body with dummy info).