Best Answer

Easy Forums Access for Instructors

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make accessing forums easier for instructors? 

In my use case, I have a rather large learning program with multiple instructors. During the program, learners are asked to respond to a discussion question that they log in the forums widget on the course they are in. Feedback from my instructors have been that navigating to forums can be “too many clicks” and I agree with them. 

If there are suggestions on how to optimize that workflow for my instructions, that would be extremely helpful! 

icon

Best answer by DPatel 5 May 2024, 23:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Put all the forums in one place?

Userlevel 1

Another consideration could be creating a custom page using out of box widgets which link directly to the Forum required.

This would have to sit in the menu specifically for ‘Instructors’. So you would need the some things to remain constant such as Instructors and Forum Links from the particular course, otherwise it could be a bit too much to manage.

The max amount of ‘widgets that can be used on one page is 20.. I believe, so this may be something to consider as if there are a number of links you may want to create something using the HTML widget.

Another consideration could be creating a custom page using out of box widgets which link directly to the Forum required.

This would have to sit in the menu specifically for ‘Instructors’. So you would need the some things to remain constant such as Instructors and Forum Links from the particular course, otherwise it could be a bit too much to manage.

The max amount of ‘widgets that can be used on one page is 20.. I believe, so this may be something to consider as if there are a number of links you may want to create something using the HTML widget.

Thank-you! I think putting them into one page sounds like the best course of action. We have well under 20 but I think creating an instructor only page for our coaches would help centralize materials as well.