Email notifications sent from the localization tool not sending - Who else is having this problem?

• 12 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Our Docebo instance is set up for self-registration.  When a user registers, they are sent a registration link to validate from the localization tool.  Once this is done, they can log in and start learning.  This exact  functionality broke last week for most of the week and then suddenly started working (IDK why) only to break again today.

Is anyone else VERY frustrated with the automated emails from the localization tool not firing? 

It breaks the ability of anyone to ‘self-register’ and it ‘breaks’ the ability for anyone to do a ‘password’ reset. 

The worst part is I always feel I am made to jump through hoops and told it’s a ‘customer setting’ - when later it’s shown not to be a customer setting. I’m so frustrated because I wasted half the week last week only to have the exact same problem come up again today. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jen we don’s use localization in our notifications at this time (but will shortly) however I can attest that they do not always fire as expected and are finicky...hopefully the improvements Docebo is planning this year will help to resolve these issues.

This functionality is broken again for me and the Docebo Dev team continues to steer me to articles about the notification app vs. notifications being sent from the localization tool. So once again we have no way for new users to ‘validate their email address for self-enrollment, &/or do password resets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jen you might want to check with your IT group to know if they have any SPAM blocks or other rules that may be preventing your emails from coming through...you don't always get an undeliverable message. Another point to check with IT is whether they have set-up an SPF record (Sender Policy Framework) https://support.dnsimple.com/articles/spf-record/.

Another thing to check is whether users have checked their SPAM folder...i found a bunch there after what I thought were unsuccessful tests.