Best Answer

Field Customization in course management

• 1 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I know I can show up to 9 fields and reorder the fields in the course management function but are you able to resize the field itself.  I am currently wanting to see my complete course code but it is cutoff and I can not seem to resize the field.  While other other fields take up more area than needed.

icon

Best answer by elamast 1 December 2021, 23:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @Feenix73!

Can you provide a screen shot of the field area you’re referencing?
It could be something a CSS edit (custom stylesheets) can make better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Make this change in CSS:

/* Resize code column in course management */

#col-code {

width: 180px !important;

}

Change the width to whatever works for you.  Note that this pushes everything to the right, so you may need decrease the width of another column.  I’d suggest narrowing #col-creation_date (default width is 200px) by the amount you increase the other by.

The columns are defined in CSS as follows:

#col-code

#col-thumbnail

#col-name

#col-type

#col-creation_date

#col-sessions_count

#col-waiting_list

#col-sessions_waiting_vilt

#col-enrolled_count

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@elamast to the rescue!!  🙇‍♂️ 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would love to enter as a feature request that column widths could be selectable by individual user instead of set column widths is CSS.   We have different department that have various needs some what to make sure they can see the whole title field, others course code, other etc.   

It would be great if the individual user could adjust column widths as they see fit or if removing viewable columns automatically resized the viewable columns.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Feenix73 makes sense. Maybe like this one?