Question

Looking for GIFT fomat quiz generator app

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anything faster than using Docebo to create the quizzes would be great. Need to bang out a hundred or so 5 question quizzes. 

Contemplating just doing it in notepad++

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @lrodman,
I think this conversation ⬆ could be useful for your request, however, I know my colleagues  imported the questions via API with an Excel file (however you should configure all the setting related to the quiz manually).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We do almost all of our tests by CSV upload through the API.  Before I provide a larger response, were you looking for a template and API directions, or a consultant to do the work for you?

GIFT has been useful for me when you want to export a quiz to send it off to SMEs to review/revise in a format they’re more comfortable in. I keep a Moodle instance alive on a VPS just for this purpose.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

CSV could work too. That’s what I was thinking in terms of notepad++ (or excel). The quizzes will all have basically the same format, I just need to copypasta the questions, answers and feedbacks.

We work with Julie and Lisa at eSkillz :) I assume you know them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

CSV could work too. That’s what I was thinking in terms of notepad++ (or excel). The quizzes will all have basically the same format, I just need to copypasta the questions, answers and feedbacks.

Consider leveraging Adobe Captivate….

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

CSV could work too. That’s what I was thinking in terms of notepad++ (or excel). The quizzes will all have basically the same format, I just need to copy/paste the questions, answers and feedbacks.

Always happy to recommend eSkillz.  😉

Assuming your questions are in multiple choice format, you could use the attached as an example.  Note that the question is repeated for each answer.  Let me know if you need examples of different formats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Consider leveraging Adobe Captivate….

How would Captivate help?

I currently use Articulate and the questions are in Storyline, but I’m trying to break free of that and put the quizzes in Docebo natively.

If it would help me, I’d be more than happy to buy it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Always happy to recommend eSkillz.  😉

Assuming your questions are in multiple choice format, you could use the attached as an example.  Note that the question is repeated for each answer.  Let me know if you need examples of different formats.

We’re going to be doing a giant migration - does CSV support putting quizzes for different courses all in one file? Your upload suggests it does. This would obviously be much easier for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrodman - understood. You may see a DM come along soon enough. Curious about “the why”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrodman- understood. You may see a DM come along soon enough. Curious about “the why”.

Definitely! I’m new to Docebo and LMS and eager to learn. Hit me up!

Basically though our current use of Articulate seems unnecessary. We use it to show a powerpoint intro slide, a video, a quiz and a course completion slide. Using all the players forces our videos into a tiny screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We’re going to be doing a giant migration - does CSV support putting quizzes for different courses all in one file? Your upload suggests it does. This would obviously be much easier for me.

From a technical point of view it is possible. From an organization/workflow point of view it may be advantageous to work on each separately and combine them all into one upload.  Without knowing the specifics and your consultant’s preference I can’t really advise on that.