Question

Maternity Leavers - how do you manage?

Userlevel 2

Hello

Could you let me know if you have a process in place for managing users that go on maternity leave?  Have you found a way to suspend their account, automatically ideally, until they return?

Many thanks

Lisa

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lisa D - the answer is yes - but consider a few things and maybe I need to be schooled up on a few as well.

• We use an HRIS feed with the automation app to support the system
    • That just means a flat file is picked up from one place - read by Docebo on a schedule on a regular interval
    • And one of the details is a status from our HRIS feed is an HR Status of L for leave
  • Consider? You probably dont want to suspend an account? Just change the output of reports
  • Docebo’s licensing supports User Active Management - and it resets itself every thirty days - so there is little pressure for the count of seats.
  • Where it does make sense is to consider marking them as inactive (or suspend) to ensure that they stop getting notifications for a bit.
  • Consider that you probably can filter them from reports and many notification functions as well with tuning up your group logic.
    • And I say this because once they are off - you will need to complete the lifecycle and turn them back on.

So good luck with this - you can hear the confirmation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

As a company, we typically do not suspend access to anything for maternity leave, FMLA, or any other short-term/long-term leave.

Some sort of syncing from an HR system should do the trick, but if you don’t want to actually suspend their access and just want to exclude them from reports, etc., you could create an additional profile field that is not visible to the user for managers/HR to flag any users that are on leave and then use that to filter out those users as needed.