Question

Moving users to new branch

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Brains Trust,

We have users in our org who have moved to a different dept.  If I manually remove users from a branch and move them to a newly created branch will that impact anything else in the LMS?

Thanks 😀

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Suzy_q 

In our case, if you have a menu and it is set to be visible for a specific branch, since you move your users, they will probably lose the ability to see the menu and the pages associated with it.

And this applies for anything in the platform where the condition is branches. For example, another feature impacted is the scheduled reports. If you have a scheduled report and the users selected are based on branches, be aware that the users will be different.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3

I would add automated groups and enrolment rules to the list of things that could be impacted here. We’re making heavy use of these features and rely on branches quite often for that.

Catalog visibility as well, and maybe Power User permissions.

Docebo has a lot of features that have the option to be per branch or site wide. Without knowing how many of these you have used, its hard to say if your learners will be impacted or not.