Question

Need help granting power users the ability to enroll users in eLearning courses

• 21 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Right now I’m a one-woman show for Docebo at our company as our real SuperUser moved on to another career opportunity.   If I can get some of our support services department to be able to enroll their own users -- especially in compliance training -- that would be a great help!

I’m sure I’m missing something BASIC-- but my power users who have an enrollment profile can see & do almost everything they should.  What they cannot see is the USER LIST!  They only user they see is themselves.  So there has to be a setting somewhere that I’ve missed.  

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’m assuming that you have set up a profile that includes the users/view permission and that you’ve set the user as a PowerUser with that profile.  If so, please also check their individual assigned resources to see if they have what they need (individual users, groups, and/or branches).  In the example below, this Power User has a branch (with descendants) assigned to him.

Userlevel 2

I, too, am trying to figure out how to configure a Power User Profile to provide PUs permissions to enroll users into eLearning courses. PU’s are assigned to branches and all course and learning plans in visible catalogs. Here is what I have so far and it is not working for eLearning. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi.

Have you ensured that the P/Us have Users>View permission?

Userlevel 2

Thanks Nate. I just checked and I do:

Hi there,

When it comes to configuring power users, we should remember that it is a multistep action.

In the screenshots above, I see that you have defined the permissions that you wish for the power user to have. But we also need to take into consideration the following question ‘who can the power user do this action for?’ and also ‘what trainings can they do this action for?’. These actions are covered by the assignment of resources to the power user.

Once you have identified your power user, the next step is to assign a branch or a group to your power user. This covers ‘who can they do this action for?’

And finally, you should also assign your content as a resource too, to define which content your power user will be able to enroll users into.

Hope that helps,

Kenyee

Userlevel 2

Thank you Kenyee, I do have resources assigned to the PU’s. User are assigned via branches and courses in all visible catalogs. I figured out what I was missing. I was  missing the Create permissions under the enrollment topic. I now have it working. Thank you everyone!!