Best Answer

Notifying users when their expiration date is approaching

• 19 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does anybody know if it is possible to automatically send an email notification to users when their expiration date is approaching? Say one month before? I would like to do this for the main expiration date found in the User Management area, not the expiry date linked to the Subscriptions App.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by John 19 November 2021, 19:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Daniel yes of course, you can use the notification called, “Course has expired”. It has options to send before & after the expiry date. We use ti today and it works quite well...please note that testing these is not the easiest task and can take a few days depending on your test cases...you have to time the user enrollments with the “active until” dates and those of the notification itself (you can only send them on the hour).

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Daniel
At the moment, I do not believe there is an out of the box way to automate this type of notice from the Notifications app, where you want to alert users based on their specific user platform expiration date that is set. Not seeing anything posted within the Ideas area... could definitely be a worth spinning up and getting feedback from our Product team (and greater Community). :slight_smile:

Thinking of Docebo Connect, there may be a way to use Connect and a Lookup Table to store user ID’s and expiration dates. Then, with the table, you could create a Recipe that not only builds that table from the LMS activity but also emails the users some templated message.

Assuming if the user is expiring you’ll instruct them to take some action afterward, such as renewing their service, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@John 

Many thanks for the reply. I’ve posted this as an idea in the ideas area (link below). Hopefully, it will gain some traction as it’s something we really need to do.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@John

Many thanks for the reply. I’ve posted this as an idea in the ideas area (link below). Hopefully, it will gain some traction as it’s something we really need to do.

Certainly, you’re most welcome! You’ve got my vote on the idea! :smiley:

Userlevel 4

I was searching if there was a notification for user account expiration and came across this. You have my vote as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Daniel
At the moment, I do not believe there is an out of the box way to automate this type of notice from the Notifications app, where you want to alert users based on their specific user platform expiration date that is set. Not seeing anything posted within the Ideas area... could definitely be a worth spinning up and getting feedback from our Product team (and greater Community). :slight_smile:

Thinking of Docebo Connect, there may be a way to use Connect and a Lookup Table to store user ID’s and expiration dates. Then, with the table, you could create a Recipe that not only builds that table from the LMS activity but also emails the users some templated message.

Assuming if the user is expiring you’ll instruct them to take some action afterward, such as renewing their service, etc.

Just another random thought, often these kinds of dates are set by other systems, is yours? If so that system might have a method for triggering an email directly or easier.

Additionally, though manual, you could have someone always do a weekly or monthly type report and filter for the users coming up soon and do a mail merge to email out for now. Its the kind of thing I’d have an intern or student worker be responsible for though.